An attractive terrace of late nineteenth-century 4 bed residence, which retain its original form and character. This property displays some decorative invention using basic materials, such as the use of two-tone brick, the box bay windows and the remaining cast-iron column. The cast-iron railings and gates enhance the road-frontage and make a positive contribution to the streetscape. Number 5 is of additional historical importance as a former home of Count John McCormack (1884-1945), a tenor who achieved worldwide recognition in the first half of the twentieth century.
Sitting Room – 14’6 x 11’6 – Carpet floor covering, open fireplace with cast iron surround, window overlooking front.
Kitchen/Dining Room – 14’3 x 12’3 – Floor tiled, ample built in kitchen units, stove with brick surround, door leading to rear gardens.
Utility 7’ x 7’
Bedroom 1 –
Bedroom 2 14’x 10’
Bedroom 3 9’ x 7’6
Bathroom – 13’ x 6’
- Close to town centre & all amenities.
- Spacious house.
- Large site with courtyard.
- Outbuildings to rear.
- Floor & walls fully tiled, bath with electric shower over.
- TOTAL FLOOR AREA: ‘c’ 111.47 sq.m. (1,200 sq.ft)
Terrace of six two-bay two-storey houses, built c.1893, with projecting box bay windows to the ground floor. Pitched artificial slate roofs with (shared) rendered chimneystacks (having brick detailing) and a number of remaining sections of cast-iron rainwater goods. Built of red brick with yellow brick flush string courses and alternating red and yellow brick voussoirs above the first floor openings. Paired segmental-headed windows to box bays with decorative lintels over, all now with replacement windows but one retains original cast-iron mullion (no.4). Square-headed openings to first floor window with replacement windows. Segmental-headed doorcases with overlights and replacement doors. Set back from road with small gardens to front with rendered boundary walls with decorative cast-iron railings and (shared) cast-iron gates to street frontage.